There are many ways to get involved with OMSA. Explore numerous leadership opportunities, join a mentoring program, find employment, or identify an event to participate in. Please visit the calendar of events for upcoming program dates.
- Student Advisory Council: This is a committee of undergraduate, graduate, and professional students that advises OMSA on programming and support services.
- Student Organization Programs and Resources: Our programs and resources include the Coalition and the OMSA Allocation Fund. The Coalition is designed to develop more collaborative and long-lasting relationships with all student groups – including recognized student organizations, unrecognized student organizations, Greek Letter organizations, and affinity groups – whose mission, philosophy, and group membership is reflected in the offices encompassed in the Center for Identity + Inclusion, which include Multicultural Student Affairs, LGBTQ Student Life, and Student Support Services. The OMSA Allocation Fund is a student peer review board that allocates funding to student groups affiliated with OMSA hosting programs that directly impact OMSA constituents, enhance the CI+I vision and add value to the University community.
- Emerging Minds Project (EMP): EMP creates a space for intentional discussion between students that focuses on issues that are encountered in society on a daily basis. Participants in the program will engage in facilitated discussion on such topics as disability, ability, religion, language, immigration, class, power and privilege, white privilege, sexuality, and gender. Please click here for detailed information (including application) about the EMP.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Commemoration Committee: The MLK Commemoration Committee is comprised of students, staff and faculty members of the University. Participation on the committee is a great way to ensure that student interests are at the forefront of the celebration planning and that a student voice is heard throughout one of the University’s largest celebrations. For more information, please visit the MLK Celebration Website.
- OMSA Graduation Committee: The OMSA Graduation Committee assists in the planning of the OMSA Graduation, which recognizes graduating students of color. The committee works with OMSA staff to plan multiple aspects of the graduation, including logistics, marketing, and overall program development.